Wednesday, August 12, 2009

...contraction, traction...what's your action?...

it seems to me that contractions seem to be the great mystery of the world. nobody can really describe what they feel like and you often get the nodding of the head and "you'll just know" explanation. which is one that i'm sure i'll be using once they've come and gone, done their job, and pushed beba out into the world. right now though, as i walk around my house experiencing "discomfort" and "tightening" and even a few "whoa! that hurt" pangs, i'm not really sure what to do. should i be timing them? should i ignore them? should i start re-washing every article of her clothing in hopes of her wearing them by tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. Like others have told you, you'll know:) I can't say as I remembered from child to child but once they started, I knew!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel for you ... It's a test in patience...hang in there...all I say is "been there done that" I've had false contractions which means being sent home :( and a scheduled induction(luke)&(david 2 weeks late!)...and pitocin to help 16 hours of labor speed along (Daniel) grady was alittle easier...but was sent home twice to finally be told your staying ...walked the halls 9pm and I had him at 8 in the morning...hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete