Saturday, April 23, 2011

...eggcellent...

my mom just asked me if i remembered the pictures of my brother and me dying easter eggs back in the day. and i honestly don't. my [once-sharp-as-a-steel-trap-but-that-was-before-i-ever-was-pregnant] memory only goes as far back as college when i would go "home" to my aunt rae's house for the easter break and my cousins and i would make a big deal out of dying easter eggs. i wish i had a picture or two to post of that glorious era...

tonight, we gave beebs her first taste of the age-old tradition of coloring easter eggs. and she LOVED it. too bad i had only boiled eight eggs, three of which cracked in the pot, thus leaving us with just five precious eggs for her to stir around in the different colors. i think she liked trying to use the crayon to draw on them [while in the dye] more than anything. we then decided to pull out all the stops and brought out her minnie mouse stickers and let her go crazy with them. oh, how the "i hate all tacky things" part of me did cringe inside...

tomorrow we head to church for the most important tradition - the celebration of the resurrection of our savior. i've had a good week of reflecting on the loving sacrifice that was made for each of us, and i look forward to the many years of celebrating the unconditional love of christ with my family. happy easter to all!

getting ready to dye those eggs!

this smile is my favorite

hey, i want in on the fun!

the finished product

emery's easter baskets from both mama and birdie

1 comment:

  1. SO adorable!! She had fun! Good memories for her Jordyn : )

    ReplyDelete